Attitudes of both contempt and reverence, and the strident manner in which such attitudes were expressed, were to become standard features in the many AVANT-GARDE MANIFESTOS that appeared ... Patrick Cramsie, from The Story of Graphic Design, page 175.
A numbered list can start a personal revolution. Kirsten Butler, from Five Manifestos for the Creative Life, Brain Pickings
And FLOMM, we believe that villains – the bureaucratic ThWINGh
and ThEY should be stopped – and that any one person can change the world.
Become a FLOMMIST !
THE FIRST FLOMMUS MANIFESTO 28 July 1923
DIREZIONE DEL MOVIMENTO ‚FLOMMUS‘
THE BATTLE For MODeRN
- Some people are simply content to live in this world – the rest of us want to change it.
- Courage comes from Rebellion!
- FLOMM stresses speed + resourcefulness
- PARADIGM change is inevitable
- NO MORE TYRANNY! ThWART the ThWINGh!
- CONFLICT is UNIVERSAL
- Humans are anxious
- GENIUS often HIDES in what others find STRANGE, OFFENSIVE
- It’s impossible to KNOW EVERYTHING but many THINK ThEY do
- Be who you are REALLY
- ‘NORMAL’ is BORING – UNCERTAINTY is THRILLING
- Primary Colours are Primary
- DIFFERENT IS SPLENDID!
- The BUREAUCRACY of The ThWINGh imposes OPPRESSION & STAGNATION
- New generations exist to piss off the previous
- things never stop going
- EXPECT CHANGE
- CONFORMITY BE DAMNED!
- PURISTS FACE REGRET
- Seriousness can be quite funny.
- Share Your Work
- Explore, CREATE then take a break every NOW and THEN
- OBSERVE the world around you RECORD what you see + experience
- é vo k e !
- Keep Dark Circles Under Your Eyes
- The POWER of the INDIVIDUAL trumps what ‘ThEY’ do – INDIVIDUALS can change the world
- Characters like the T h W I N G h will take and take and take and take and take and take and take and take and take and take You can STOP THEM
- IF IT’s NOT WORKING, START over. IF THAT doesn’t WORK, start over again. Repeat.
- SOY IS AMMUNITION! GARLIC BLAASTS!
- seaweed has some nice nutrients
- Shop locally, drink good water
- Your brain is a muscle. Exercise it. Cultivate solid opinions that matter.
- Wear a bit of safety gear + a good pair of socks if you like to jump off things
- Write a Manifesto. Then tear it up and write another.
k a –
fl o mm fl o mm fl o mm fl o mm fl o mm fl o mm f L o M M
b o o m !
simply ADD your
It is very tempting to pidgeonhole artists, according to the movement they were most associated with. But this ignores the fact that each artist is an individual, and every work of art unique. MONICA BOHM-DUCHEN AND JANET COOK, UNDERSTANDING MODERN ART, PAGE 4